Lamb Burgers with Balsamic Sautéed Mushrooms & Onions
Ready In 56 minutes
- 4 tsp Mint Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Caramelised Onion Infused Balsamic
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 250g pack of mushrooms, sliced
- 500 minced lamb
- 4 oz of light mayonnaise
- 2 0z blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions & 2 teaspoons Mint Infused Olive Oil to pan; swirl to coat cook 17 minutes or until golden and very tender, stirring occasionally. Increase the heat to medium-high;add Caramelised Onion Infused Balsamic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook for 6 minutes or until the liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove onion mixture from pan.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 3 teaspoons Mint Infused Olive Oilto pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté for 8 minutes or until mushrooms brown and liquid mostly evaporates.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Coarsely chop 1 cup onion mixture, and stir chopped onion mixture into minced lamb. Divide the lamb mixture into 6 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1-inch-thick patty. Press a nickel-sized indentation in center of each patty. Sprinkle the patties with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine mayonnaise, blue cheese, and garlic in a bowl, and mash well with a fork. Spread the top halves of buns evenly with mayonnaise mixture top each bottom half of bun with 1 patty, about 2 tablespoons remaining onion mixture, about 1/4 cup mushrooms, and top half of bun.