Lamb Burgers with Balsamic Sautéed Mushrooms & Onions
Ready In 56 minutes
- 4 tsp Mint Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Caramelised Onion Infused Balsamic
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 250g pack of mushrooms, sliced
- 500 minced lamb
- 4 oz of light mayonnaise
- 2 0z blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions & 2 teaspoons Mint Infused Olive Oil to pan; swirl to coat cook 17 minutes or until golden and very tender, stirring occasionally. Increase the heat to medium-high;add Caramelised Onion Infused Balsamic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook for 6 minutes or until the liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove onion mixture from pan.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 3 teaspoons Mint Infused Olive Oilto pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté for 8 minutes or until mushrooms brown and liquid mostly evaporates.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Coarsely chop 1 cup onion mixture, and stir chopped onion mixture into minced lamb. Divide the lamb mixture into 6 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1-inch-thick patty. Press a nickel-sized indentation in center of each patty. Sprinkle the patties with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine mayonnaise, blue cheese, and garlic in a bowl, and mash well with a fork. Spread the top halves of buns evenly with mayonnaise mixture top each bottom half of bun with 1 patty, about 2 tablespoons remaining onion mixture, about 1/4 cup mushrooms, and top half of bun.
You May Also Like
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.