Creamy salmon leek and potato bake
Ready In 50 mins
- 250g baby potatoes, thickly sliced
- 3 tbsp Mint Olive Oil
- 1 leek, halved, washed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 70ml double cream
- 1 tbsp capers plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp chives, plus extra to serve
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- mixed rocket salad to serve
- Splash of Chilli Balsamic or Reserve Balsamic for dressing
- Heat the oven to 200c gas mark 6
- Boil the potatoes for 8 minutes. Drain and leave to steam-dry in a colander for two minutes. Toss the potatoes with 1/2 of the Mint Olive Oil and plenty of seasoning in a baking tray. Put in the oven for 20 minutes and toss halfway through the cooking.
- Gently heat the remaining Mint Olive Oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Fry the leek for 5 minutes, stir through the garlic and then add the cream, capers and 75ml of hot water, before bringing to the boil. Stir through the chives.
- Heat the grill to high. Pour the leek mixture over the potatoes and sit the salmon fillets on top. Grill for 7-8 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Serve topped with extra chives and capers, a mixed rocket salad and a final drizzle of Mint Olive Oil
- If you like a bit of heat add a splash of Chilli Balsamic otherwise Reserve Balsamic.
You May Also Like
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.