Creamy salmon leek and potato bake
Ready In 50 mins
- 250g baby potatoes, thickly sliced
- 3 tbsp Mint Infused Olive Oil
- 1 leek, halved,washed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 70ml double cream
- 1 tbsp capers plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp chives, plus extra to serve
- 2 skinless salmon filletts
- mixed rocket salad to serve
- Splash of Chilli Infused Balsamic or Reserve Balsamic for dressing
- Heat the oven to 200c gas mark 6
- Boil the potatoes for 8 minutes. Drain and leave to steam-dry in a colander for two minutes. Toss the potatoes with 1/2 of the Mint Infused Olive Oil and plenty of seasoning in a baking tray. Put in the oven for 20 minutes and toss halfway through the cooking.
- Gently heat the remaining Mint Infused Olive Oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Fry the leek for 5 minutes, stir through the garlic and then add the cream,capers and 75ml of hot water, before bringing to the boil. Stir through the chives.
- Heat the grill to high. Pour the leek mixture over the potatoes and sit the salmon fillets on top. Grill for 7-8 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Serve topped with extra chives and capers, a mixed rocket salad and a final drizzle of Mint Infused Olive Oil
- If you like a bit of heat add a splash of Chilli Infused Balsamic otherwise Reserve Balsamic.