Hot Cross bread & butter pudding! … without the butter!!
Try this twist on a classic pudding, using hot cross buns and olive oil instead of butter! ... its delicious!!
Ready In 90 mins
Serves 6 to 8
- 8 hot cross buns
- 4 medium eggs
- 300ml double cream
- 600ml milk
- 2 – 3 tbsp maple syrup or (45g caster sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Orange & Mandarin Infused Olive Oil, to drizzle
- 35g dark chocolate chips, optional
- 3 tbsp marmalade, optional
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 170C/150C
- Warm the cream and milk in a pan over a gentle heat.
- Whisk the eggs, maple syrup (or sugar) and vanilla together in a large bowl, then gradually add the warm cream mixture from the pan.
- Halve the hot cross buns and drizzle inside with a little Orange & Mandarin Olive Oil
- Arrange the bottom of the buns in a large shallow ovenproof dish (approx 25 x 32cm) and sprinkle with the chocolate chips, if using.
- Pop the tops back on and (brush with marmalade, if using)
- Pour over the cream mixture and set aside to soak for 10 – 15 mins. Press the buns down into the custard mixture as they soften. (any extra chocolate chips can be scattered on top)
- Bake for 50 mins until set, then remove and allow to stand for 10 mins.
- Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve while still warm with cream or hot custard and an extra drizzle of Orange & Mandarin Olive Oil
You May Also Like
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.