root veg traybake with halloumi
- 800 g mixed root veg, (potatoes, carrots, parsnips, beetroots, red onion)
- 5 tbsp Basil olive oil
- 1 tbsp Caramelised onion balsamic
- 2 red peppers
- 1 small broccoli, or cauliflower
- 250 g halloumi cheese
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 eating apple, finely sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 100 g spinach
- 4 tablespoons quality green pesto
- Sea salt & Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Cut root veg into bite-sized pieces along with the peppers, discarding the seeds. Cut the broccoli or cauliflower into florets.
- Spread the chickpeas and the veg apart from the courgette out on a large roasting tray, drizzle with 3 tbsp Basil olive oil of season with sea salt and black pepper and toss well to coat. Roast for 10 minutes, then add courgette and roast for a further 10 mins or until the vegetables are tender and coloured.
- Cut the halloumi into 2cm pieces and scatter over the veg. Switch the oven to grill, increase the temperature and grill for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is soft and golden.
- Combine the apple with the roasted veggies, and stir through the spinach.
- Mix the pesto with the remaining Basil olive oil and the Caramelised onion balsamic, drizzle over to serve.
You May Also Like
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.