SLOW COOKER WHITE BEAN & CHICKEN STEW
Dinner, Main course
Ready In 7hrs 35mins
- 2 x 400g tins canneloni beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1.5 litres stock
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 medium carrots (sliced)
- 1tsp rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 parmesan cheese rind
- 60g grated parmesan, divided
- large bag of kale
- 2lb chicken thighs
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp Rosemary & Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Combine onion, carrots, rosemary, stock and parmesan rind in a slow cooker
- Top with chicken.
- Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender, 7-8 hours
- Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board, let stand until cool about 10mins. Shred the chicken, discarding bones.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir in the canneloni beans and kale. Cover and cook on high until kale is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper discard parmesan rind.
- Serve the stew drizzled with Rosemary & Garlic Infused Olive Oil and sprinkled with parmesan and parsley.