SLOW COOKER WHITE BEAN & CHICKEN STEW
Dinner, Main course
Ready In 7hrs 35mins
- 2 x 400g tins canneloni beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1.5 litres stock
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 medium carrots (sliced)
- 1tsp rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 parmesan cheese rind
- 60g grated parmesan, divided
- large bag of kale
- 2lb chicken thighs
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp Rosemary & Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Combine onion, carrots, rosemary, stock and parmesan rind in a slow cooker
- Top with chicken.
- Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender, 7-8 hours
- Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board, let stand until cool about 10mins. Shred the chicken, discarding bones.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir in the canneloni beans and kale. Cover and cook on high until kale is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper discard parmesan rind.
- Serve the stew drizzled with Rosemary & Garlic Infused Olive Oil and sprinkled with parmesan and parsley.
You May Also Like
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.