Ready In 25 mins
- 8 thick slices of plain ciabatta
- 450g vine ripened tomatoes
- 3 chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 sliced spring or 1 mild white onion
- Handful of chopped fresh basil
- A good glug of Sicilian Olive Oil, Basil Infused Olive Oil, or Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Good pinch of sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Basil springs to garnish
- Classic Balsamic or Reserve Balsamic to serve
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl, cover with boiling water and stand for 1 minute. Drain and cover the tomatoes with cold water.
- Stand for 1 further minute.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut into quarters, remove the seeds and chop into small cubes. In a bowl mix together the tomatoes, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat a grill.
- Mash the garlic cloves with a heavy knife handle, just enough to split and loosen the skin. peel the skin away and discard.
- Grill the bread golden brown on both sides and, whilst still hot, rub one side of each slice with the mashed garlic.
- Arrange on a serving dish.
- Spoon the mixture from the bowl on top of the toasted bread.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, garnish with the basil sprigs, drizzle over the balsamic if you so wish, and serve immediately.
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.