Ready In 25 mins
- 8 thick slices of plain ciabatta
- 450g vine ripened tomatoes
- 3 chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 sliced spring or 1 mild white onion
- Handful of chopped fresh basil
- A good glug of Sicilian Olive Oil, Basil Infused Olive Oil, or Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Good pinch of sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Basil springs to garnish
- Classic Balsamic or Reserve Balsamic to serve
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl, cover with boiling water and stand for 1 minute. Drain and cover the tomatoes with cold water.
- Stand for 1 further minute.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut into quarters, remove the seeds and chop into small cubes. In a bowl mix together the tomatoes, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat a grill.
- Mash the garlic cloves with a heavy knife handle, just enough to split and loosen the skin. peel the skin away and discard.
- Grill the bread golden brown on both sides and, whilst still hot, rub one side of each slice with the mashed garlic.
- Arrange on a serving dish.
- Spoon the mixture from the bowl on top of the toasted bread.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, garnish with the basil sprigs, drizzle over the balsamic if you so wish, and serve immediately.