chicken casserole with vegetables
Ready In 90 mins
- 2 tbsp Sicilian
- 8 chicken legs
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250ml white wine
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- A drizzle of Rosemary & garlic infused olive oil for dressing
- A drizzle of Caramelised Onion Infused Balsamic for dressing
- Crusty bread, to serve
- In a large pan warm the Sicilian on medium heat, then in batches add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning once. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic to the pan. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add the Caramelised onion infused balsamic and stir with a wooden spoon to release the browned bits from the pan. Add the wine and cook until liquid has almost evaporated. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and add the potatoes, tomato, oregano, salt, and pepper and stir well. Return the chicken to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes and vegetables are tender.
- Divide the casserole into serving bowls. Dress with a generous drizzle of Rosemary & garlic infused olive oil & Caramelised onion infused balsamic. Serve with crusty bread!
You May Also Like
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.