Creamy Leek & Mushroom Risotto
This comforting creamy risotto is perfect for those winter months, and can be eaten as a weeknight main or as a luxurious side.
Ready In 30 mins
- 10g butter (optional)
- 2 tbsp Sicilian olive oil
- or Truffle Infused Olive Oil
- 3 to 4 leeks, chopped
- 250g pack mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp frozen peas
- 250g rissotto rice, such as arborio
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 100g cream cheese
- 30g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Reserve balsamic to taste
- 2 tbsp pinenuts (optional)
- black pepper to taste
- Place the pine nuts in a frying pan and dry fry on a medium-low heat, stirring continuously. Cook until they’re golden brown, remove from heat and transfer to a plate then set aside.
- Heat Sicilian olive oil or Truffle Infused Olive Oil and butter in the frying pan, then gently fry the leeks and onion until translucent. Add sliced courgettes to pan and fry for another minute. Stir frequently – don’t allow to brown (will take about 10 mins).
- Add rice and stir. Once all the rice is coated, stir continuously for 2 to 3 minutes, then add a couple of tablespoons stock.
- Once the stock has been absorbed, add a little more. Repeat, until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice has cooked through (about 20 to 30 minutes). Add the frozen peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the cream cheese, grated parmigiano and toasted pine nuts.Cover and leave for a few minutes so that the rice can absorb any excess liquid as it cools. Stir and grind in black pepper to taste. Drizzle with Truffle Infused Olive Oil and Reserve Balsamic to serve!