This easy pumpkin soup is a classic, made with fresh pumpkin that's very fast to make. Thick, creamy and full of flavour,
Ready In 45 mins to 1 hour
- 850g pumpkin, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-sized potato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 3 tbsp Sicilian olive oil
- 1 ltr vegetable or chicken stock, a little extra may be needed
- 100ml double cream
- Dress with a drizzle of Chilli Pepper Olive Oil and a splash of Garlic & Ginger Balsamic
- Place the onion, carrots, garlic, and 2tbsp the Sicilian olive oil into a large pan. Cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the potato and butternut squash, mix and cook for a further 3 minutes. Pour over the vegetable stock, season and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, simmer and cook for about 45 minutes or until the butternut squash is really tender.
- Remove from heat and then using a stick blender blend the soup until smooth.
- Add the cream and a bit more vegetable stock if the soup if needed, season to taste and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the Sicilian olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat add the pumpkin seeds and fry until the seeds start to pop. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, add a splash of Chilli Pepper Olive Oil and Garlic & Ginger Balsamic.
- Top with the toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of cream. Serve with crusty bread!
You May Also Like
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.