This easy pumpkin soup is a classic, made with fresh pumpkin that's very fast to make. Thick, creamy and full of flavour,
Ready In 45 mins to 1 hour
- 850g pumpkin, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-sized potato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 3 tbsp Sicilian olive oil
- 1 ltr vegetable or chicken stock, a little extra may be needed
- 100ml double cream
- Dress with a drizzle of Chilli Pepper Infused Olive Oil and a splash of Garlic & Ginger Infused Balsamic
- Place the onion, carrots, garlic, and 2tbsp the Sicilian olive oil into a large pan. Cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the potato and butternut squash, mix and cook for a further 3 minutes. Pour over the vegetable stock, season and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, simmer and cook for about 45 minutes or until the butternut squash is really tender.
- Remove from heat and then using a stick blender blend the soup until smooth.
- Add the cream and a bit more vegetable stock if the soup if needed, season to taste and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the Sicilian olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat add the pumpkin seeds and fry until the seeds start to pop. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, add a splash of Chilli Pepper Infused Olive Oil and Garlic & Ginger Infused Balsamic. Top with the toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of cream. Serve with crusty bread!