Spaghetti with olive oil
Dinner, Main course
Ready In 10 mins
- 250g spaghetti, or other long pasta
- 60ml Sicilian Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes or (1 & 1/2 fresh chillies)
- handful of parsley finely chopped
- 11g parmesan, more if needed
- salt, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the spaghetti. Cook until the spaghetti is soft but still has a little bite.
- While the spaghetti is cooking make the sauce, finely slice the garlic cloves.
- Gently heat the olive oil in a frying pan, Add the garlic and chillies (if you dont use crushed chillies, remove seeds from the fresh chillies and finely chop) cook gently for a few minutes, or until the garlic is pale gold.(heating the garlic and chilli too much will send it bitter) Stir in chopped parsley.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserve 60mls cooking water (you might not need it all, you dont want to water down the flavour its just to keep the spaghetti nice and moist).
- Add spaghetti to the frying pan, stir well to coat the oil, add some starchy cooking water, as much is needed to ensure the pasta is moist and juicy.
- Cook on medium heat for 30 seconds, stirring a couple of times.
- Sprinkle the spaghetti with extra chopped parsley, and grated parmesan cheese
You May Also Like
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.