Spaghetti with olive oil
Dinner, Main course
Ready In 10 mins
- 250g spaghetti, or other long pasta
- 60ml Sicilian Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes or (1 & 1/2 fresh chillies)
- handful of parsley finely chopped
- 11g parmesan, more if needed
- salt, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the spaghetti. Cook until the spaghetti is soft but still has a little bite.
- While the spaghetti is cooking make the sauce, finely slice the garlic cloves.
- Gently heat the olive oil in a frying pan, Add the garlic and chillies (if you dont use crushed chillies, remove seeds from the fresh chillies and finely chop) cook gently for a few minutes, or until the garlic is pale gold.(heating the garlic and chilli too much will send it bitter) Stir in chopped parsley.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserve 60mls cooking water (you might not need it all, you dont want to water down the flavour its just to keep the spaghetti nice and moist).
- Add spaghetti to the frying pan, stir well to coat the oil, add some starchy cooking water, as much is needed to ensure the pasta is moist and juicy.
- Cook on medium heat for 30 seconds, stirring a couple of times.
- Sprinkle the spaghetti with extra chopped parsley, and grated parmesan cheese