Zingy Sweetcorn Salad
A sweet, crunchy, creamy and zingy salad!
Ready In 20 mins
Serves 4 as a side dish!
- 2 small tins of sweetcorn, drained (approx 330g)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1-2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, drained and chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 5 tbsp soured cream
- small bunch of coriander, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Lime Infused Olive Oil, to drizzle
- White Balsamic, to drizzle
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
Toast cumin seeds in a small dry frying pan over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring once or twice until fragrant and visibly darker (be careful not to let them burn or they will taste bitter)
Put the red onion into a large bowl with the garlic, lime juice and a big pinch of salt.
Toss together and leave for 10 minutes while you prep the rest of the vegetables.
Add the drained sweetcorn, cumin seeds and remaining ingredients, apart from the feta, toss really well and season.
Serve in a large bowl or platter and sprinkle over the feta cheese, extra coriander and jalapeños.
Enjoy as a side dish or on its own with warm pittas or tortilla chips for scooping.
You May Also Like
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.