Lebanese style aubergine & pomegranate salad
Ready In 30 mins
- 2 medium aubergines
- 2/3 spring onions
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- Pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Infused Olive Oil (try Mint, Lemon or Chilli)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Half a red chilli
- Half a tablespoon Pomegranate & Fig Infused Balsamic or Classic Balsamic
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees (or 180 fan).
- Pierce the skin of the aubergines and roast on a lined baking tray for 50-55 minutes or until soft & wrinkly.
- Chop the spring onions, cherry tomatoes and peppers and put into a bowl.
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a jam jar and give a good shake.
- Once the aubergine is cool enough to touch, chop it into chunks and add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Any juices that come out of the aubergine, add to the jam jar with the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the bowl along with the fresh mint and the pomegranate seeds, and toss with salad tossers or your hands.
- As it comes or make a more hearty meal out of it with falafel, flat breads, pitta, hummus, quinoa, couscous or bulgar wheat.
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.