Lebanese style aubergine & pomegranate salad
Ready In 30 mins
- 2 medium aubergines
- 2/3 spring onions
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- Pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Infused Olive Oil (try Mint, Lemon or Chilli)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Half a red chilli
- Half a tablespoon Pomegranate & Fig Infused Balsamic or Classic Balsamic
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees (or 180 fan).
- Pierce the skin of the aubergines and roast on a lined baking tray for 50-55 minutes or until soft & wrinkly.
- Chop the spring onions, cherry tomatoes and peppers and put into a bowl.
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a jam jar and give a good shake.
- Once the aubergine is cool enough to touch, chop it into chunks and add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Any juices that come out of the aubergine, add to the jam jar with the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the bowl along with the fresh mint and the pomegranate seeds, and toss with salad tossers or your hands.
- As it comes or make a more hearty meal out of it with falafel, flat breads, pitta, hummus, quinoa, couscous or bulgar wheat.