Warm balsamic strawberry pancakes
Ready In 40 mins
For the pancake batter (makes 8 pancakes):
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Cooking oil for frying
- Pinch salt
- For the filling:
- Punnet of strawberries (and any other berries you fancy!)
- 2/3 tablespoons of your favourite balsamic
- Vanilla or chocolate ice cream to serve
- Chop the tops off strawberries (along with any other berries you fancy) and slice, and cover them in your favourite balsamic (we love Pomegranate & Fig Infused Balsamic or Chocolate & Coffee Infused Balsamicfor this recipe).
- Leave for as long as you can in the fridge- at least a few hours to let the berries marinate.
- If you’d like to have the strawberries warm, pop them and the balsamic in a pan whilst you are cooking the pancakes.
- The longer you leave the berries the softer they will get.
- Prepare your pancake batter as normal, and cook and flip!
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.