Warm balsamic strawberry pancakes
Ready In 40 mins
For the pancake batter (makes 8 pancakes):
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Cooking oil for frying
- Pinch salt
- For the filling:
- Punnet of strawberries (and any other berries you fancy!)
- 2/3 tablespoons of your favourite balsamic
- Vanilla or chocolate ice cream to serve
- Chop the tops off strawberries (along with any other berries you fancy) and slice, and cover them in your favourite balsamic (we love Pomegranate & Fig Infused Balsamic or Chocolate & Coffee Infused Balsamicfor this recipe).
- Leave for as long as you can in the fridge- at least a few hours to let the berries marinate.
- If you’d like to have the strawberries warm, pop them and the balsamic in a pan whilst you are cooking the pancakes.
- The longer you leave the berries the softer they will get.
- Prepare your pancake batter as normal, and cook and flip!