Apricot, Apple & Peach Chutney
Ready In 90 mins
- 1 lb apricots, halved, stoned & chopped
- 1 lb tart cooking apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 2 peaches, halved, stoned & chopped
- 2 red onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g raisins
- 350ml Sicilian White Wine Vinegar
- 200g brown sugar
- 200g granulated sugar
- 2-inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg, ¾ teaspoon allspice, ¾ teaspoon dry mustard.
- Finely grated rind of 1 large lemon
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1 orange
- In a large saucepan combine the apricots, apples, peaches, onions, raisins, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, mustard, lemon rind, orange juice and rind and 250mls of Sicilian White Wine Vinegar.
- Place the pan over a high heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to a low simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until the fruit mixture is very soft and pulpy.
- Stir in the sugars and the remaining vinegar and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 50 minutes or until the chutney is very thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat and ladle the chutney into clean, warm, sterilised jars.