Apricot, Apple & Peach Chutney
Ready In 90 mins
- 1 lb apricots, halved, stoned & chopped
- 1 lb tart cooking apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 2 peaches, halved, stoned & chopped
- 2 red onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g raisins
- 350ml Sicilian White Wine Vinegar
- 200g brown sugar
- 200g granulated sugar
- 2-inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg, ¾ teaspoon allspice, ¾ teaspoon dry mustard.
- Finely grated rind of 1 large lemon
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1 orange
- In a large saucepan combine the apricots, apples, peaches, onions, raisins, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, mustard, lemon rind, orange juice and rind and 250mls of Sicilian White Wine Vinegar.
- Place the pan over a high heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to a low simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until the fruit mixture is very soft and pulpy.
- Stir in the sugars and the remaining vinegar and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 50 minutes or until the chutney is very thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat and ladle the chutney into clean, warm, sterilised jars.
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.