Baby lamb chops with mint pesto
Ready In 45 minutes
- 8 Baby lamb chops
- Toast pine nuts in a dry frying pan & cook for 3 mins over medium heat. Stirring frequently until golden. Leave to cool.
- PLEASE REMEMBER to bring your meat to room temperature for 30-60 minutes before cooking.
- For the pesto, add cooled pine nuts to a food processor with the garlic and process until finely chopped, add herbs, a pinch of salt and pulse until finely chopped. Drizzle in Mint Infused Olive Oil slowly until fully mixed. Stir in the parmesan and lemon zest & season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in a narrow jar and top with a very thin layer of the mint olive oil to prevent oxidation until ready to use.
- Heat a cast iron or nonstick pan over a medium-high heat. Season chops liberally with salt and pepper. Place in the preheated pan and cook for preferred tenderness : 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare, 4 minutes per side for medium and 5 minutes per side for well done.
- Smear the pesto on serving dishes. Top with the Lamb and garnish with fresh mint and basil leaves, pine nuts and for the finishing touch a drizzle of Mint infused oil and a splash of Caramelised Onion balsamic.
- Serve with a side of spring vegetables.