Balsamic Glazed Rump Steak Stuffed with Peppers
Ready In 10 mins
- 2 rump steaks
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
FOR THE BALSAMIC MARINADE:
- Put each steak between 2 sheets of baking paper and using a mallet, hit them until the steak becomes very thin.
- Season them with black pepper.
- Cut the steaks into thin strips.
- Make the marinade by mixing the balsamic with the honey in a bowl, along with plenty of black pepper.
- You could also add in a little mustard if you so wished, or perhaps some wasabi or horseradish.
- Slice the peppers thinly and make them a little longer than the strips of steak so that they will poke out of the sides (as per the image). In a wok or a frying pan, flash fry the peppers for a few minutes until they are just starting to soften but still have a bite.
- Add a tablespoon of the marinade to the peppers. Stir for 30seconds/1minute and then take off the heat.
- Remove the peppers from the pan and carefully put a couple of strips of the peppers inside each piece of the steak.
- Roll the steaks around them, securing them with toothpicks.
- Put the pan back on a medium/high heat with a splash of olive oil.
- Add the rest of the marinade to the pan and then add in the steak rolls.
- The amount of time you leave them in the pan depends on how well you like your steak cooked.
- We cooked ours for about 2 minutes and then took them out of the pan.
- With plenty of the marinade in a dipping bowl on the side. You can also enjoy with salads, baked potatoes, mash or rice.
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.