Balsamic Glazed Rump Steak Stuffed with Peppers
Ready In 10 mins
- 2 rump steaks
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
FOR THE BALSAMIC MARINADE:
- Put each steak between 2 sheets of baking paper and using a mallet, hit them until the steak becomes very thin.
- Season them with black pepper.
- Cut the steaks into thin strips.
- Make the marinade by mixing the balsamic with the honey in a bowl, along with plenty of black pepper.
- You could also add in a little mustard if you so wished, or perhaps some wasabi or horseradish.
- Slice the peppers thinly and make them a little longer than the strips of steak so that they will poke out of the sides (as per the image). In a wok or a frying pan, flash fry the peppers for a few minutes until they are just starting to soften but still have a bite.
- Add a tablespoon of the marinade to the peppers. Stir for 30seconds/1minute and then take off the heat.
- Remove the peppers from the pan and carefully put a couple of strips of the peppers inside each piece of the steak.
- Roll the steaks around them, securing them with toothpicks.
- Put the pan back on a medium/high heat with a splash of olive oil.
- Add the rest of the marinade to the pan and then add in the steak rolls.
- The amount of time you leave them in the pan depends on how well you like your steak cooked.
- We cooked ours for about 2 minutes and then took them out of the pan.
- With plenty of the marinade in a dipping bowl on the side. You can also enjoy with salads, baked potatoes, mash or rice.