BEETROOT & GOATS CHEESEPUFF PASTRY TART
Ready In 60 mins
- 320g pack ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 x 125g packs soft goats cheese
- 100g cream cheese
- 250g pack pre-cooked beetroot, cut into thin rounds
- 3 tbsp fresh basil pesto
- 2tbsp pine nuts, toasted or walnuts
- Small handful rocket
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C, (200 degrees C fan) gas mark 7.
- Line baking tray with baking parchment.
- Unroll the pastry and lift the sheet onto the lined tray.
- Use a knife to score a 1.5cm border around the edge of the Pastry (do not cut all the way through).
- Brush the border with some beaten egg.
- Cook in the oven for 20 mins.
- Put the goats cheese and cream cheese in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven and, with the back of the spoon, gently press down the pastry inside the border.
- Spread the goats cheese over this making sure to stay within the border, then top with the sliced beetroot.
- Return to the oven for a further 5 mins, then spoon over the pesto, scatter over the toasted pine nuts and rocket.
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.