BEETROOT & GOATS CHEESEPUFF PASTRY TART
Ready In 60 mins
- 320g pack ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 x 125g packs soft goats cheese
- 100g cream cheese
- 250g pack pre-cooked beetroot, cut into thin rounds
- 3 tbsp fresh basil pesto
- 2tbsp pine nuts, toasted or walnuts
- Small handful rocket
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C, (200 degrees C fan) gas mark 7.
- Line baking tray with baking parchment.
- Unroll the pastry and lift the sheet onto the lined tray.
- Use a knife to score a 1.5cm border around the edge of the Pastry (do not cut all the way through).
- Brush the border with some beaten egg.
- Cook in the oven for 20 mins.
- Put the goats cheese and cream cheese in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven and, with the back of the spoon, gently press down the pastry inside the border.
- Spread the goats cheese over this making sure to stay within the border, then top with the sliced beetroot.
- Return to the oven for a further 5 mins, then spoon over the pesto, scatter over the toasted pine nuts and rocket.