Ready In 30 mins
- 500g bucatini pasta
- 100g chopped pancetta, or chopped unsmoked bacon
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tins of cherry or regular tomatoes
- 40g freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp Chilli Pepper Infused Olive Oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- fresh basil, for serving (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, save 1 cup of the pasta cooking water then Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the Pancetta until just crisp, add the red pepper flakes, and cook until fried, about 1 minute. Slowly add the tomatoes, stirring to combine. Add the pasta and toss well, adding a splash of the reserved pasta cooking water, if necessary to bring it all together. Remove the pan from the heat and add the grated Pecorino Romano or parmesan cheese and Chilli Pepper Infused Olive Oil then season with salt and pepper(to taste).
- Divide the pasta among plates and serve immediately topped with fresh basil and additional cheese and Chilli Pepper Infused Olive Oil, if desired.