Spicy Bucatini Amatriciana
Ready In 30 mins
- 500g bucatini pasta
- 100g chopped pancetta or chopped unsmoked bacon
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tins of cherry or regular tomatoes
- 40g freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Chilli Reserve Balsamic
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- fresh basil, for serving (optional)
- Chilli Pepper Infused Olive oil (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, save 1 cup of the pasta cooking water then Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the Pancetta until just crisp. Add the red pepper flakes, and cook until fried, about 1 minute. Slowly add the tomatoes, stirring to combine. Add the pasta and toss well, adding a splash of the reserved pasta cooking water, if necessary to bring it all together. Remove the pan from the heat and add the grated Pecorino Romano or parmesan cheese and Garlic Infused Olive Oil and the Chilli Reserve Balsamic then season with salt and pepper(to taste).
- Divide the pasta among plates and serve immediately topped with fresh basil, additional cheese and if you want it extra spicy why not drizzle our Chilli Pepper Infused Olive oil over it too!
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.