Cheesy cheddar garlic bread
Ready In 60 mins
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 7g sachet/1½ tsp fast-action yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g soft butter
- 100g mature cheddar
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Grated Handful thyme leaves
- Add the flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl.
- Mix 300ml hand-hot water with the Garlic Infused Olive Oil and honey in a jug, then pour into the dry mix, stirring all the time to make a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, then knead for 5 mins until it no longer feels sticky, adding more flour as you need it. Stretch the dough to fit a Swiss roll tin.
- Mix the garlic with the butter and dot over the dough. Sprinkle over the cheese and the thyme.
- Then cover with lightly oiled cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for 40 mins. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Remove the cling film, then bake the bread for 30 mins until golden and risen.
- As a starter or a side dish to pasta, salads, chilli, at picnics, as a snack.