apple glazed gammon joint
Ready In 120 mins
- 2kg unsmoked gammon joint
- 1 litre cider
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons Mango & Passionfruit Infused Balsamic
- Lots of black pepper
- Put the gammon joint in a large pan with a lid. Pour over the cider.
- Bring slowly to the boil, reduce the heat, put the lid on and simmer for 70 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Drain the gammon then place the meat on a chopping board. Remove the string and cut away the skin with a small, sharp knife. Lightly score the fat in a diamond pattern.
- Mix the apple sauce, the Mango & Passionfruit Infused Balsamic and loads of black pepper together in a bowl.
- Put the gammon in a roasting tin and spoon the mix over the joint.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes brushing the joint occasionally with the sauce. Remove the gammon from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before eating.
- With potatoes, chips, greens, salad, eggs, in sandwiches or wraps.