apple glazed gammon joint
Ready In 120 mins
- 2kg unsmoked gammon joint
- 1 litre cider
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons Mango & Passionfruit Infused Balsamic
- Lots of black pepper
- Put the gammon joint in a large pan with a lid. Pour over the cider.
- Bring slowly to the boil, reduce the heat, put the lid on and simmer for 70 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Drain the gammon then place the meat on a chopping board. Remove the string and cut away the skin with a small, sharp knife. Lightly score the fat in a diamond pattern.
- Mix the apple sauce, the Mango & Passionfruit Infused Balsamic and loads of black pepper together in a bowl.
- Put the gammon in a roasting tin and spoon the mix over the joint.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes brushing the joint occasionally with the sauce. Remove the gammon from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before eating.
- With potatoes, chips, greens, salad, eggs, in sandwiches or wraps.
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.