Hazelnut, pancetta, apricot & Orange stuffing
Ready In 60 mins
- 150g pack diced smoked pancetta
- 50g butter
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 200g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 140g ready to eat dried apricots, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Orange & Mandarin Infused Olive Oil for drizzling
- Heat a large frying pan and add the pancetta. Cook for 2-3 minutes until starting to turn golden. Remove from the pan and set aside
- Add the butter, onions and garlic to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and transfer to a dish with the pancetta and leave to cool.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4.
- Stir the orange zest, chopped apricots, breadcrumbs, sage and nuts into the pancetta mixture and mix well. Season, then stir in enough of the beaten egg to bind the mixture but not make it sloppy and tip into a casserole dish.
- Drizzle with Orange & Mandarin Infused Olive Oil, cover with foil and roast in the oven for 30 mins.
- Uncover and roast for a further 15 mins until crisp and golden.
- Alternatively use to stuff the neck of a turkey or shape into balls and roast.