Italian Chicken and Tomato Skillet
Ready In 120 mins
- 6 pieces chicken
- 2 sliced red peppers
- 2 sliced green pepper
- 2 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp basil infused olive oil
- a bunch of basil leaves
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tub of passata
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- pinch hot pepper flakes (Optional)
- In a large pan add 1 tbsp basil infused olive oil brown chicken pieces on both sides add onions, sauté until soft , then add tomatoes, passata, garlic,oregano, basil (save a few for garnish), salt and pepper flakes simmer on low to low medium, half covered for approximately 1 hour (or until chicken is cooked and no longer pink), stirring occasionally, if you find it is getting too thick add a little water.
- In a large pan add 1 tbsp basil infused olive oil and sauté peppers until golden, approximately 10 minutes, add the chicken mixture and gently mix together, (add salt and pepper to taste) cover and let simmer for another 10 minutes. Serve immediately
- Top tip drizzle with basil infused olive oil and sundried tomato balsamic once its on your plate. Enjoy!
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.