Ready In 60 mins
- 2 large aubergines sliced into rounds
- 6 -7 sheets of dried lasagne,
- FOR THE PARMESAN SAUCE
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 1 pt milk
- 1g Parmesan cheese grated
- FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE
- 3 tbsp of Garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp of Sundried Tomato Balsamic
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes,
- 1 bunch basil chopped
- 1 500ml jar passata
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan or Gas mark 6.
- To make the Parmesan sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan. Once melted, stir in the flour until the mixture forms a smooth paste which leaves the sides and base of the pan cleanly.
- Cook for a minimum of two minutes to cook out the taste of the flour.
- Stir in the milk, a little at a time, making sure to stir well so that no lumps form.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring constantly, so that the mixture thickens and becomes glossy.
- Add two-thirds of the Parmesan.
- To make the tomato sauce, put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the dish, spoon a third of the tomato sauce in the base of an ovenproof dish, top with a third of the Parmesan sauce.
- Arrange a third of the aubergines on top in a single layer, followed by half the lasagne sheets.
- Repeat the process, so that you have three layers of sauce and two layers of pasta, the remaining aubergines will form the final layer, then sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until golden-brown and bubbling.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with hot garlic bread or crusty bread.