Olive oil carrot cake
Ready In 60 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 peeled & grated carrots
- Half a cup Sicilian Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 85g cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons soft butter or vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 and a half cups icing sugar
- 1 and a half cups plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Grease a cake tin. Mix all ingredients together except the flour.
- When all ingredients are mixed, sieve in the flour and fold into the mixture.
- Put into the cake tin.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- If the cake springs back when lightly touched it is ready.
- Allow to cool.
- For the frosting mix the cream cheese, butter and lemon juice well, and then sieve in the icing sugar.
- Frost when the cake is cooled.
- With tea and friends!