An easy pizza to feed the family
Ready In 45 minutes
- 50ml warm water
- 200g thick yoghurt
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20ml Sicilian Olive Oil
- Good pinch of salt
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 300g mozzarella
- 200g Chorizo, salami or thinly sliced parma ham.
- Rocket leaves for Garnish
- For the dough: Mix the water, yoghurt and salt together with the Sicilian Olive Oil. Then mix the flour with the baking powder, add it to the yoghurt, stir well so it becomes a dough, knead it a little then divide into 4 even sized balls Leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to the 225c then place the flat baking tray that you are going to bake the pizza on into the oven to get it very hot.
- With a well floured rolling pin, flatten each ball and roll out as thin as possible.
- Take the tray from the oven and dust with a little flour then place the rolled out dough on top and cook for 4 minutes, then take out oven and turn over, this will ensure you will not have a soggy pizza!
- Now to top the base spread some of the crème fraîche then teared mozzarella. Pop back in the oven and cook for about another 5-8 minutes. Once cooked top with Chorizo, salami or slices of Parma Ham and garnish with the rocket leaves.
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.