Recipe for the perfect roast potatoes
Ready In 55 mins
- 1kg potatoes (for example Maris Piper are suitable for roasting)
- 3 tsp flour
- 50ml Rosemary & Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Heat oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas 6 and prepare a roasting tin big enough to have potatoes in single layer.
- Cut peeled potatoes into smaller pieces (about 2 inch). Prepare a large pan, put the potatoes into the pan and cover with cold water, add salt and bring to boil. When the water is boiling, lower the heat and simmer the potatoes for 3 mins.
- In the meantime, put olive oil into the roasting tin and place the tin inside the hot oven.
- Drain the potatoes, cover the pan and shake back and forth a few times to roughen the potatoes outsides. Sprinkle with the flour, and give another shake again to cover all pieces in flour evenly.
- Carefully place the potatoes into the hot tin with oil and slowly turn them so all pieces are covered with oil and then spread them in a single layer. Roast for 15 mins, then turn them. Roast for another 15 mins and turn them again. Then roast for another 15-20 mins, or until golden.
- Drizzle with the Rosemary & Garlic Infused Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt and serve.
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.