Tomato and balsamic soup (vegan)
Ready In 40 mins
- In a big saucepan heat the Alentejan Portuguese Olive Oil to a low/medium heat.
- Crush or make a paste of the garlic cloves and put into the oil and then add in the onions. As the onions start to sweat down, add in the celery and the leeks.
- Once they are nice and soft and starting to go clear, add in the carrots and continue to cook down.
- Season with some black pepper and salt.
- Once the carrots are starting to soften, add in the tomatoes.
- Cover the ingredients with the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for around 30 minutes.
- Add the balsamic to the soup and continue to reduce until you are happy with the consistency.
- If you would like to, blend the soup to a nice, smooth consistency with a hand held blender, or leave it chunky if you would prefer.
- You can always add in some chickpeas or lentils, or some pasta or rice to bulk out the soup.
- Serve with a swerve of balsamic and olive oil over the bowl, a big grind of black pepper and some fresh bread.