Slow cooked shoulder of lamb
Ready In 480 mins
- Lamb shoulder (make sure it will fit into your slow cooker! Your butcher would be able to trim it for you)
- Handful of shallots
- Bunch of rosemary
- Bunch of thyme
- 250ml red wine
- 2/3 tablespoons Caramelised Onion Infused Balsamic (you could also use Classic Balsamic , Sundried Tomato Infused Balsamic or Reserve Balsamic).
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Season the lamb with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Sear the lamb shoulder on all sides until nicely browned.
- Peel the shallots and the small red onions and halve. Place them at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Peel the garlic cloves and add them to the slow cooker, along with the rosemary and the thyme, and then place the lamb over the top.
- Season with plenty of black pepper and a little more sea salt.
- You could also add in carrots, potatoes, or any other vegetables if you wanted to slow cook these too and make the whole dish in one pan!
- Pour over the stock, the red wine and the balsamic vinegar. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours. The lamb should fall off the bone.
- If you would like, you can blend the onions and the garlic into the sauce with a hand blender, but we like to leave ours as it is. Serve with mashed potatoes (try this Sicilian Style Mashed Potatoes Recipe) with a big glug of Rosemary & Garlic Infused Olive Oildrizzled into it, and a trickle of our rich Reserve Balsamic
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.