VEGETABLE PASTA BAKE
Dinner, Main course
Ready In 60 mins
- 400g Penne/Rigatoni
- 1 yellow pepper chopped into large chunks
- 1 red pepper chopped into large chunks
- 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano, ½ tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp Basil Infused Olive Oil and a little extra for serving
- 1 large red onion peeled and chopped into wedges
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 120ml double cream
- 1 tbsp Sundried Tomato Infused Balsamic and a little extra for serving
- 100g fresh baby spinach
- 100g mozzarella grated
- 100g strong cheddar cheese
- Small bunch parsley – roughly torn
- Preheat the oven to 190c. Boil a large pan of water and cook the pasta for 1 minute less than recommended on the pack. Drain.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat the oil on medium heat, in a large frying pan. Add the red onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the chopped peppers, courgette, salt, Sundried Tomato Infused Balsamic pepper, garlic, tomato puree, oregano and thyme. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes and cream, bring to a gentle bubble, then add the pasta and spinach. Stir everything together, then transfer to a large baking dish.
- Top with the cheddar and mozzarella, and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.
- Take out of the oven drizzle over Basil Infused Olive Oil and Sundried Tomato Infused Balsamic then top with parsley and before serving.