VEGETABLE PASTA BAKE
Dinner, Main course
Ready In 60 mins
- 400g Penne/Rigatoni
- 1 yellow pepper chopped into large chunks
- 1 red pepper chopped into large chunks
- 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano, ½ tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp Basil Olive Oil and a little extra for serving
- 1 large red onion peeled and chopped into wedges
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 120ml double cream
- 1 tbsp Sundried Tomato Balsamic and a little extra for serving
- 100g fresh baby spinach
- 100g mozzarella grated
- 100g strong cheddar cheese
- Small bunch parsley – roughly torn
- Preheat the oven to 190c. Boil a large pan of water and cook the pasta for 1 minute less than recommended on the pack. Drain.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat the oil on medium heat, in a large frying pan. Add the red onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the chopped peppers, courgette, salt, Sundried Tomato Balsamic pepper, garlic, tomato puree, oregano and thyme. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes and cream, bring to a gentle bubble, then add the pasta and spinach. Stir everything together, then transfer to a large baking dish.
- Top with the cheddar and mozzarella, and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.
- Take out of the oven drizzle over Basil Olive Oil and Sundried Tomato Balsamic then top with parsley and before serving.
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.