Wild Rice & Pea Salad
Ready In 60 mins
- Start by cooking the wild rice, place the rice in a pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 35 -40 minutes until cooked through.
- Cut courgette into small pieces.
- Blanch your peas, courgette and mange tout in boiling water for 10-15 seconds before running under cool water.
- Roast your almonds and pine nuts in the oven for 5 -7 minutes until golden brown.
- Chop your mint and slice your chilli.
- Once the rice is cooked and had a chance to cool; mix your rice, peas, courgette, mange tout and pine nuts together in a big bowl
- stir through Mint Olive Oil and Pomegranate & Fig Balsamic, lemon juice, chilli flakes, chopped mint, salt and pepper top with your chopped almonds, sliced chilli and another sprinkle of chopped mint.
- To serve, handful of mint leaves, chopped, 1 red chilli sliced, handful of roasted almonds, chopped.