Carrot cashew mandarin salad vegan
Ready In 40 mins
- Toast the cashews in a hot, dry frying pan for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the cumin seeds for the last minute or so.
- Finely grate the zest from 1 orange and put into a salad bowl.
- Drain the juice from the tin of mandarins or slice the peel and the pith from the oranges and segment.
- Add to the bowl with the zest. Grate, cut or mandoline slice the carrots and place onto kitchen roll to absorb some of the moisture. Then add to the salad bowl.
- Dress the mix with 1 part Balsamic to 3 parts Estate Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the cashew nuts & the cumin seeds over the salad when ready to serve.