Fried halloumi cheese
Ready In 20 mins
- 1 pack halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Sicilian or Alentejan Premium Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kalamatta olives to taste
- A few sprigs of coriander to garnish
- Juice and zest of 1 lime Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon rinsed capers
- 1 heaped teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Handful chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Infused Olive Oil or Sicilian Olive Oil
- Ground black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette by stirring together all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Drain the halloumi cheese and cut into 8 slices.
- In a griddle or large frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over a medium heat until very hot.
- Take each slice of cheese, pressing both sides into the seasoned flour until coated and then add to the frying pan.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side until golden brown.
- Serve 2 slices to a plate, drizzle over the vinaigrette, garnish with the kalamatta olives and coriander sprigs.
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.