Fried halloumi cheese
Ready In 20 mins
- 1 pack halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Sicilian or Alentejan Premium Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kalamatta olives to taste
- A few sprigs of coriander to garnish
- Juice and zest of 1 lime Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon rinsed capers
- 1 heaped teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Handful chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Infused Olive Oil or Sicilian Olive Oil
- Ground black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette by stirring together all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Drain the halloumi cheese and cut into 8 slices.
- In a griddle or large frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over a medium heat until very hot.
- Take each slice of cheese, pressing both sides into the seasoned flour until coated and then add to the frying pan.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side until golden brown.
- Serve 2 slices to a plate, drizzle over the vinaigrette, garnish with the kalamatta olives and coriander sprigs.