Ready In 90 mins
- Heat the oven to 220°C
- Remove any excess fat from the Goose and set it to one side to melt down later.
- Stuff the Sprigs, thyme and sage and thyme leaf inside the bird and set aside for at least 15 mins.
- This can be done up to a day ahead and kept refrigerated.
- Rub olive oil over the goose and then season it with salt and pepper.
- Place it on the rack in the roasting tray and put it in the oven.
- After twenty minutes turn the oven down to 180°C, remove the goose and drain the fat from the roasting tin.
- Place it back in the oven and roast for a further 2 hours and continue to pour off the fat every 45 minutes.
- Save the goose fat and store in a jar or container to use on roast potatoes.
- At the end of the cooking time, leave to rest for at least 30 minutes, covered loosely with foil. The bird will not go cold, but will be moist and much easier to carve.
- Serve the goose with a seasoning of Reserve Balsamic and Basil Infused Olive Oil for an array of flavours.