Maria Paola’s mash potatoes
Ready In 10 mins
- Your favourite potatoes for mashing (we like Ratte, Desiree or Maris Piper) Parmesan cheese
- Sicilian Olive Oil
- Full fat milk
- Salt & black pepper
- Peel and then boil the potatoes until soft. You can chop them into cubes before boiling to allow them to cook more quickly.
- Drain off all of the water. Add to a blender with a big glug of olive oil and a few drops of milk. Start the blender.
- Add more milk and more olive oil and blend until you have the desired consistency. Then add Parmesan cheese, salt & black pepper to taste, and give a final blitz.
- The potatoes should be smooth and cheesy with the taste of the olive oil coming through too.
- If you can’t get the potatoes smooth enough with your blender you should pass it through a sieve just to remove any final lumps.
- We had this wonderful mash alongside pork loin (also cooked in olive oil with some simple Italian herbs), and also the following night on top of a delicious Italian style shepherds pie. Enjoy this with roast lamb, chicken, fish, steak, sausages, roast dinners… just about anything!!