Maria Paola’s mash potatoes
Ready In 10 mins
- Your favourite potatoes for mashing (we like Ratte, Desiree or Maris Piper) Parmesan cheese
- Sicilian Olive Oil
- Full fat milk
- Salt & black pepper
- Peel and then boil the potatoes until soft. You can chop them into cubes before boiling to allow them to cook more quickly.
- Drain off all of the water. Add to a blender with a big glug of olive oil and a few drops of milk. Start the blender.
- Add more milk and more olive oil and blend until you have the desired consistency. Then add Parmesan cheese, salt & black pepper to taste, and give a final blitz.
- The potatoes should be smooth and cheesy with the taste of the olive oil coming through too.
- If you can’t get the potatoes smooth enough with your blender you should pass it through a sieve just to remove any final lumps.
- We had this wonderful mash alongside pork loin (also cooked in olive oil with some simple Italian herbs), and also the following night on top of a delicious Italian style shepherds pie. Enjoy this with roast lamb, chicken, fish, steak, sausages, roast dinners… just about anything!!
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.