Mushroom risotto v or vegan
Ready In 30 mins
- 3 small leeks chopped into rings
- 225g assorted small mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 275g arborio rice
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Sicilian Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
- Truffle Infused Olive Oilto serve
- Parmesan cheese (leave out to make vegan)
- Wash the leeks in a colander under running water to remove any grit.
- Cook them in Premium Olive Oil for about 7-8 minutes, until they soften and become translucent.
- They should not colour.
- Add the mushrooms to the leeks and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tarragon and the rice. S
- tir to coat the rice with the butter and then pour on a ladleful of hot stock.
- Cook until the rice has absorbed the stock and then add more hot stock, stirring from time to time.
- If you run out of stock and the rice is still not tender, carry on with water.
- When the rice is cooked and has taken up all the liquid stir in butter, season with sea salt, black pepper and parsley.
- With a few drops of Truffle Infused Olive Oil and lots of Parmesan cheese.