Courgette ham caciocavallo spaghetti
Ready In 45 mins
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente In a separate pan cook the sliced courgettes in plenty of Sicilian Olive Oil
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, add to the pan adding in the very thinly sliced ham. Toss together with plenty more olive oil, and grate over lots of the local Caciocavallo cheese (you could also use Parmesan which is a similar hard cheese).
- Add plenty of black pepper and a little salt if required and serve.
- As alien as it seems to us in the UK, Sicilians enjoy pasta as their first course, usually followed by meats with vegetables or salad.
- So why not surprise your friends and serve this as a starter, Sicilian style!
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.