Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
Ready In 5-6 Hours
- 1 tbsp Sicilian Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 piece of ginger (thumb-sized) peeled and finely
- 3 tsp chilli powder, mild or hot
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 240ml chicken stock
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Garlic & Ginger Balsamic
- 400 ml can full-fat coconut milk
- A handful of chopped coriander to serve, (optional)
- Chilli Pepper Olive Oil for the dressing
- Preheat your slow cooker to high. Heat the Sicilian Olive Oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken and Garlic & Ginger Balsamic and cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is just sealed.
- Add the garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin, curry powder, paprika and cinnamon.
- Stir to coat the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the stock, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and coconut milk.
- Stir, bring to a gentle bubble then pour into your slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with rice. For an extra spicy kick, drizzle with Chilli Pepper Olive Oil.
- Top tip! Drizzle and stir Lemon Olive Oil or Lime Olive Oil through your rice for extra flavour and zing!
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.