Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
Ready In 5-6 Hours
- 1 tbsp Sicilian Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 piece of ginger (thumb-sized) peeled and finely
- 3 tsp chilli powder, mild or hot
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 240ml chicken stock
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Garlic & Ginger Infused Balsamic
- 400 ml can full-fat coconut milk
- A handful of chopped coriander to serve, (optional)
- Chilli Pepper Infused Olive Oil for the dressing
- Preheat your slow cooker to high. Heat the Sicilian Olive Oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken and Garlic & Ginger Infused Balsamic and cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is just sealed.
- Add the garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin, curry powder, paprika and cinnamon.
- Stir to coat the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the stock, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and coconut milk.
- Stir, bring to a gentle bubble then pour into your slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with rice. For an extra spicy kick, drizzle with Chilli Pepper Infused Olive Oil.
- Top tip! Drizzle and stir Lemon Infused Olive Oil or Lime Infused Olive Oil through your rice for extra flavour and zing!