Steak and carrot rice bowl with an Hawaiian twist
Ready In 30 mins
- 300ml Water
- 150g Basmati Rice
- 1 Large Carrot (trimmed and grated)
- 1 small bag Salted Peanuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 Lime
- 1 Tin of Pineapple Rings (in juice)
- 1 bunch of Coriander
- 1 tbsp Lime Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion (Peeled, halved and thinly sliced)
- 260g Beef Steak (cut into Strips)
- 5ml Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Mango and Passion Fruit Balsamic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the water into a saucepan then bring to the boil. Once boiling, stir in the rice, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, remove from the heat (still covered) and set aside until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Zest and half the lime. Place the carrot and peanuts into a bowl. Add the juice from half the lime, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together then set aside.
- Drain the pineapple using a sieve into a bowl. Chop the pineapple into 1cm dice then Place the pineapple into another bowl along with the remaining lime juice. Roughly chop the coriander, set half of it aside add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the lime oil and mix then set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Once hot, add the onion and the steak strips. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir-fry to your liking (3-4 Minutes). Transfer to a bowl and return the pan to the heat.
- Pour the soy sauce and pineapple juice and balsamic into the hot pan. Bring to the boil and reduce until thickened (2-3 minutes). Add the steak, onions and remove from the heat and mix until the steak is coated in the sauce.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, mix through the lime zest and remaining coriander. Serve the rice in bowls top with the steak on one side, the carrot salad on the other and the pineapple salsa in the middle.
See for yourself...
The Gift of Oil brings your food to life in the simplest of ways.
Love Food. Love Flavour.